Neptune setup error

I used pip install -U neptune-cli : some more info
Command “c:\users\everma\neptune\scripts\python.exe -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-6b2qvzs0\psutil\setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-s3v35_c5-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers c:\users\everma\neptune\include\site\python3.6\psutil” failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-6b2qvzs0\psutil\

Could you provide us some more logs from pip. Currently it is hard to tell, what is going on.

Best regards.

Hello,
Complete error thrown

Command “c:\users\everma\neptune\scripts\python.exe -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-6b2qvzs0\psutil\setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-s3v35_c5-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers c:\users\everma\neptune\include\site\python3.6\psutil” failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\EVerma\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-6b2qvzs0\psutil\

@eshadow It looks like there are problems with installing the required psutil package. Please try to install neptune-cli in a virtualenv: https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/stable/ and let us know if it helped.

To investigate why neptune-cli won’t install globally, we will need information about your version of Windows, version of Python and output of pip list / pip3 list containing versions of all packages installed on your system.

@dominik.jastrzebski I did exactly that .The error generated is resultant of the process.
I still haven’t figured out the issue though

We will release new version of CLI on Monday. It will solve installation issues on Windows.

Unnecessary detail: We have upgraded psutil package. If you have newest pip, psutil will not need compilation on your system.

New version of cli with fix for installation issues on Windows has just been released.

I was running into the same error on Ubuntu 16.04 with python 3.6.

Solution:
Installing python3.6-dev package resolved the issue.
sudo apt-get install python3.6-dev

I also updated setuptools to the latest version (39.0.1) before installing python3.6-dev. Probably helped.